The Best Camera Phones of 2019-20
Whether you are a pro mobile photographer or just a user who loves taking selfies or photos of other things going around you, your phone camera plays a major role in this. The best camera doesn’t depend on a single feature but numerous features combined. We all know that iPhone provides the best camera quality than any other smartphone company in the market, so what makes their products better? How will you know which phone provides the best camera with the best photo/video quality?
The first things you need to know are the various features of a smartphone camera, and how they affect the quality of the image/video taken by you:
- Sensor: The sensor of a camera plays a major role in the quality of the images, the bigger the sensor, the better the image. This is because a larger sensor can capture more resolution, hence increasing the quality of an image. The biggest sensor available in smartphone cameras is of 35mm in size. The iPhones (iPhone X) has a sensor of 1/3”, and another smartphone contains a sensor of 1/1.7” (Huawei Mate 30 Pro.)
- Pixel size: Pixels or photosites are responsible for capturing light and contributing to the quality of the image. The bigger the pixels, the better the image quality, even in poorly lighted places. The highest pixel available in the market is 1.4 micrometres, in the phones provided by Apple, Samsung, and Google, while other smartphones have pixels of about 0.8 micrometres.
- Megapixels (Resolution): Resolution or megapixels is the sum of all pixels provided in the camera. Generally, the more the megapixels the more is the camera resolution. The highest megapixel available is 108 MP, which is in Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha with 0.8 micrometres pixels each, in a 1/1.33” sensor, which is extraordinary even for a pro phone photographer. A phone camera requires more pixels rather than huge megapixels. In general, the 16MP feature gives a boost to your best camera needs.
- Aperture: This is the diameter of the camera that helps the light to enter the lenses. This is measures in f-stops, the smaller the aperture; the more light will enter the lens. The smallest aperture is provided by Honor 20 Pro, with an aperture of f/1.4, whereas other smartphone cameras have an aperture of f/2.2, which are fixed and cannot be changed. Samsung Galaxy S-series has an aperture of f/1.5, and Galaxy S9 has a variable aperture that switches between f/1.5 to f/2.2, which is a notable feature of the best camera smartphone.
- Lens: Lens is no doubt one of the most important features of a camera; poor lenses will result in poor image qualities due to chromatic aberration. There is no way to test the lenses on your self, so it’s better to check the reviews online. Apple and Samsung phones have some of the best camera lenses.
Table of Contents
The phones with best camera 2019 matrix:
|Huawei Mate Pro 30||Primary camera with 40MP Quad-Bayer sensor, f/1.7 aperture lens, single 3x tele-module; Ultra-wide camera with 1/1.54” sensor, 18mm lens.||Rs. 82,990-Rs. 94,990|
|Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro (Premium)||Primary camera with 108 MP Quad-Bayer sensor with 27MP image output, 16mm ultra-wide camera with 20 MP, and 2 tele-photos; a short one with 2x zoom factor, a long one with 3.5x zoom factor; along with a macro camera.||Rs. Rs. 28,000 (6GB); Rs. 31,000 (8GB)|
|Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max||A 12MP “wide” camera with f/1.8 aperture and optical image stabilization (OIS); 12 MP 2x tele-photo camera with f/2,0 aperture with OIS; and 12 MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, and 120-degree field of view (zoom factor.)||Rs. 131,900|
|Huawei P30 Pro||40 MP “wide” camera with f/1.6 aperture; 20 MP telephoto with an f/2.2 aperture; and an 8 MP ultra-wide camera with f/3.4 aperture; Dual LED available; with a front camera of 32 MP and f/2.2 aperture.||Starts from Rs. 61,999|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G||12 MP variable aperture between f/1.5 and f/2.4, main lens with OIS; a 12 MP f/2.1 tele-photo lens with a 2x zoom factor; and a 16 ,P f/2.2 aperture ultra-wide lens; along with time-of-flight sensor and an LED flash.||Rs. 84,200|
The phones with best camera 2020 matrix:
|Apple iPhone 11 Pro||Rear cameras: primary camera with 12MP, 13 mm zoom factor and f/2.4 aperture; a telephoto camera with 12MP, 26 mm zoom factor, and f/1.8 aperture; ultra-wide camera with 12MP, 52mm zoom factor, and f/2.0 aperture, WITH OIS; Front camera: 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, true-depth camera, with OIS.||Rs. 99,900-Rs. 106,600|
|Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G||Rear camera: primary camera with 108MP, f/1.8 aperture, and 13mm zoom factor; ultra-wide camera with 48MP f/2.3 tele-photo aperture, and 103 zoom factor; ToF depth-sensing camera; Front camera: 40MP, with f/2.2 aperture and 26mm zoom factor; OIS available.||Rs. 92,999|
|Huawei P40 Pro||Rear camera: primary with a 50MP, f1.9 aperture; ultra-wide camera with 40MP, f/1.8 aperture, and 18mm oom factor; 12MP tele-photo with 125mm zoom factor, f/3.4 aperture, ToF depth-sensing camera; Front camera: 32MP; OIS available.||Rs. 82,190|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 10||Rear camera: Wide- 108MP, f/1.7; Tele-photo-12MP, f/2.0+5MP, f/2.0; Ultra-wide-20MP, f2.2; Macro-2MP, f/2.4; Front camera: 32MP.||Rs. 16,999|
|Google Pixel 4 XL||Rear camera: 12.2 MP, 28mm equiv. wide-angle lens, f/1.7, PDAF, OIS; 16MP, 45mm equiv. tele-photo, f/2.4, PDAF, OIS; Front camera: 8MP, f/2.0, 22mm zoom factor, ToF 3D camera.||Rs. 83,900-Rs. 114,990|
The tables above provide a detailed matrix of cameras voted to be the best among other in 2019 and 2020. The prices listed may vary due to the colour of the phone body provided.
Why are Apple and Samsung cameras better than any other smartphone cameras?
The Apple and Samsung smartphone cameras are better than any other smartphone cameras due to the following reasons:
- They possess large sensors, which magnifies the image quality.
- They have high pixel rate in the cameras that help to capture more light and increase the brightness of the image.
- They have a fair amount of megapixel (less than pixels) that helps in the better resolution of the image.
- They have smaller apertures that help the proper amount of light to enter the lenses.
- They have good-quality lens on cameras that reduce chromatic aberration, hence producing clear images.
- Their software is high-tech and advanced hence provides better functionality for the phone cameras.
- They possess high zoom factor, that helps you capture high-quality images even from a distance.
Hence, these are the main reasons that differentiate the Apple & Samsung cameras from all other smartphone cameras.