We would like to share the experience of different people using auction sites to sell their smartphones. Mobile phones are an essential requirement of human these days, and buying and selling mobile phones has become a lucrative business. People want the best possible phone in the market for as cheap as possible. Follow this simple guide on how people use auction sites to sell mobile phones for the best reasonable price.
The best way to sell a cell phone for a reasonable rate is through any of the many auction sites available online like OLX and Quikr. If you choose to sell your mobile phone on an auction site, you need to see what websites are out there and choose the right one for your needs. It takes around 2-3 days to sell a smartphone on an auction site. It usually takes a couple of minutes to click a decent picture and to write a short description of the phone and why you are selling your mobile phone.
Table of Contents
Here are a few essential tips to follow when using an auction site to sell a smartphone.
- You need to register an account before you can start trading. This is usually free.
- Once you are logged, you need to verify yourself as a seller. This is generally done by using your mobile number or Email ID.
- Before deciding on how much you want to sell your mobile phone for, look at the price for which other people are selling similar cell phones.
- You need to have a bank account for the smooth receipt of money. You can also use PayTM, Gpay, etc
- You can copy someone else’s sales pitch and add your own smartphone’s picture, specification, and description.
- You should also decide a minimum amount of money you will accept, keep in mind the cost of sales like promotion (if any).
- Remember to answer any questions you might receive about the mobile phone.
- After the bidding price to buy a mobile phone by potential customers is over then you should select the right buyer to sell your phone to. Don’t always pick the highest bidder.
- Prefer to meet the potential buyer in a public place and delete all your data before you show your phone to him.
- Taking cash and handing over the phone instantly is the most reliable method to buy if the buyer is far away. You can use Electronic method to receive the money and send the phone via courier service of OLX and Quikr provide in house delivery service of sold items.
When you decide to sell your mobile phone on auction sites, you would love the bidding wars! These are quite exciting because sometimes you can get a lot more money than you were expecting. Almost all used goods selling sites have the option of promoting ads of your phone by paying some extra amount. This helps to show your phone on top of the search results. When you sell your mobile phone, you should be careful about safety. You do not know who has bought the phone and if you can trust them. Always verify the identity of the buyer so that in case of any legal trouble, you have an excuse. Taking money via bank account, UPI, Paytm, etc is more reliable than cash. Good auction sites have customer feedback, which gives you an excellent idea instantly whether the buyer is trustworthy or not. Remember to choose the safest website, or portal never go for the underrated and unpopular sites as you might lose everything.
- Used goods selling sites like OLX and Quikr are safe to use.
- You can get excellent value as there are several buyers.
- There are thousands of potential customers ready and waiting to buy.
- The selling process might be confusing, as you have to meet the buyer.
- There may be hundreds of people trying to sell the same thing as you.
We hope that our interpretation of how to sell your mobile phone using auction websites is easy to understand.